Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not the Spice Girl...

Whenever we go to Winfield, the first thing I do is make a trip to my favorite little gift boutique, Posh. It is this lavishly decorated shop with everything from unique baby gifts to chai tea and everything remotely fashionable in between.

Next door is Josephine & Co., a home furnishings boutique, which is owned by the same people. If I was going to decorate a French lake home, that is where I'd shop. However, the six-foot tall greyhound statues probably wouldn't look good in my current little house. I love going over there for inspiration anyway.

I usually come away with jewelry and Posh did not disappoint this time. I found this nature inspired necklace by Two's Company. Unfortunately, the website only sells wholesale, so you have to locate a Two's Company retailer and see if they have what you are looking for, but that is why I love boutiques. Hopefully, you won't see 20 people wearing the same thing when you go out. I don't usually wear gold, but I'll make an exception for this piece.





We bought Anna a High Intencity Charms bracelet and whale charm on our vacation to the Delaware shore last summer and I added this pink "A" charm from Posh. Again, you have to find a retailer for that brand.



We also made a trip to Wal-Mart for some necessities while in Winfield and Anna was drawn to the toy section, as usual. I was shocked when I saw this vintage-inspired Barbie Case because it is just like the one I played with at my Grandma's house. I couldn't find it on Wal-Mart's website, but I'm sure they aren't that difficult to find in the store. It was $17 or so.


Anna is 3 years-old and already has 10 Barbies. T-E-N. That is more than I had my entire life. I blame Santa for bringing her the entire Disney princess Barbie set. What was he thinking?! In case you are wondering, that is 18 tiny shoes, 9 itty bitty necklaces and 9 microscopic crowns to keep track of. I've never been good at math, but even I realize that doesn't add up right. Hello--Ariel has fins, duh! And poor Mulan doesn't get a necklace or a crown. The Barbies are usually naked and I believe there are only a few of the accessories still remaining...just three short months after Christmas. Anyhoo, my point is that this doll case holds one doll and has space for some clothes and accessories. And, we got it anyway. Yep, Mattel blinded me with nostalgia. I'm such a sucker.

UPDATE at 7:45 pm: Anna now has 9 Barbies as she just snapped the neck of one. Apparently, this Barbie was hoarding the missing shoes. Let this be a lesson to all of you plastic girls out there--don't mess with Anna's accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment