Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Little Beauty

I've been going through pics of Anna to hang in adorable mattes in her room. So, I'd like to take a moment to gush over just how beautiful this little girl is. :)

You may notice that I don't share pictures of her face on this website and that is purely because I'm paranoid like that. Take my word for it...she's a keeper.

We were out shopping on Monday and at every store, people were stopping to tell me how cute she is. And, I kept thinking to myself, "They are probably wondering how in the world a gorgeous creature like that could be related to me." And, I'm sure they came to the same conclusion that I did a few years ago...she must have been switched at birth.

ANYway, I love these pics from this past weekend. Sure, I love portraits of her beautiful face, but I also love photos that frame her independence nicely. I still vividly remember the first day she was no longer attached to my hip and suddenly wanted to run and play without me. These pictures just remind me how grown up she is.

Following instruction very well...we said, "Walk over there," and darned if she didn't do just that.

Asking if she could go in and "pet the baby buffalo..."



I LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair. My favorite thing in the world is to brush and stroke her fabulous locks. I WISH my hair had natural curl like this.

I've always thought that it is important to instill confidence in your child. I read it on one of those sappy Mom poems that is hanging on our fridge. You know, the ones that get passed around this time of year and never fail to make you cry? Yeah, so I have been telling her since she was born how beautiful and smart and kind she is. There are times, though, that I wonder if I've gushed too much.
Like when we were at the Tommy Hilfiger store this past weekend. It was the first time I had taken her into a dressing room because I normally just pick out clothes for her. She picked out a pink and white-striped dress and insisted that we buy it. We took it into the dressing room and man did she strike some poses in front of the mirror. Then, she literally strutted out of the room to show her Daddy. I believe there was even a twirl in there. She announced to her reflection, "I look adorable! This is just my size."
At three years old, I don't think I'm going to call it "vanity." We'll wait until she's sixteen and taking a baseball bat to her cheerleading competitors' kneecaps.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of her on the path! You captured that so well. Aren't little girls the most wonderful treasure ever?

    ReplyDelete